Sophomore Year – 10th Grade
(Coaches cannot call or write you yet, only send general information and camp information, so don’t be disappointed if you write a coach and they do not write you back)
- If you already have some colleges in mind, review the list of courses that the colleges say are required for a student to be considered for admission.
- Talk to older students about the classes that they have found beneficial.
- Keep a record of ALL your academic and athletic achievements and statistics, and update your resume.
- Apply for a social security number if you don’t already have one! College applications will require you to have one.
- Work with your counselor to determine appropriate majors/courses to best prepare you for such careers
- Evaluate your test scores and seek assistance in areas of weakness
• Investigate the courses and education required for emerging careers.
- Update your player profile/resume and send to coaches with an appropriate cover letter.
- Visit college campuses while on Spring Break if you can
- Explore Summer opportunities like summer ID camps.
- Review NCAA Clearinghouse eligibility requirements. The summer before your junior year, register with the NCAA Clearinghouse.
- Look for jobs that are available.
- Join NBEFC Leadership Program